14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know [Millions Are Exposed Every Day]


Mold infestation is very common in most houses and its presence can be the cause of many health problems. Mold can grow just about anywhere and once inside the body, it may look like a disease…

How to test for mold :

Mold is often found in damp, poorly ventilated areas. Generally, it appears first in the bathroom, in the basement or laundry room. Mold can sometimes be invisible. You can check for invisible mold by using:

-A test kit at home to measure the quality of the air and detect the presence of mold.

-A boroscope : to find hidden mold behind walls and other surfaces.

-Or hire a Professional Mold Inspector

Mold remediation and mold removal tips:

You can get rid of mold in home using black mold removal products or baking soda to remove mold and other household mold removals. For extensive mold problems, consider hiring a professional mold removal company for a professional mold remediation.

Mold treatment: In case you suspect a mold toxicity, you can get a mold treatment in the nearest mold toxicity treatment centers. Here are The 14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know, The most important are No. 1 and No. 2:



Redness in your eyes, itching or blurred vision may be related to mold-related diseases. Some people are sensitive to mold as an allergen, which makes their immune system start working harder when exposed to it.

If your symptoms look like hay fever or seasonal allergies and are accompanied by a headache and one of the next symptoms of mold-related illness, see a doctor.


Researchers studying mold-related diseases have found that houses that are wet also affect people’s mood. There was a definite relationship between home humidity, mold and symptoms of depression.

Psychological stress is normal when you have little control over your home environment and have poor indoor air quality that can affect your health.


Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain and lack of appetite are some of the digestive signs of a mold-related disease. Although these symptoms may lead you to eat less and lose weight.


Unexplained muscle pain that is not caused by intense activity can be a sign of mold-related illness. Muscle pain can be anywhere in your body.

Some people have already reported muscle cramps and acute pain due to mold.


Some of the most commonly reported signs of mold-related illness are breathing difficulties.

In a recent journal on mold and medical diseases, researchers named some of the respiratory diseases associated with mold exposure, including “asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, sinusitis and pneumonia. hypersensitive “.

Inability to breathe deeply, coughing, wheezing or sinus problems are all likely symptoms of mold-related diseases.

Consult a health care professional if you are concerned about your potential exposure to mold.


Some of the more unusual symptoms or signs of mold-related illness are excessive thirst, need to urinate more often due to higher consumption, weight gain, dizziness or metallic taste in your mouth.

To prevent mold, repair water leaks in your home. Be sure to ventilate the room sufficiently to circulate the air as much as possible.

Frequently clean areas that are more likely to create mold, such as the bathroom. Clean with the products you usually use. You can put a rag on your nose and mouth if you are cleaning a moldy area to avoid being exposed to particles.


Exposure to mold can cause many symptoms, including a sore throat and a chronic cough, similar to the symptoms of other environmental allergies. If the mold is growing in your home, these symptoms will continue all year round.

Tiny mold spores are easily inhaled, and they can cause irritation to the nose, throat, airways, and lungs. This can also lead to a sore throat. Moreover, your immune system begins to mount a defense against the perceived threat, including an inflammatory response. That response can cause inflammation or swelling in the throat, airways, and lungs.

The inflammation in the throat can cause throat pain or discomfort. So maybe you also have recurring infections of the respiratory tract or the sinuses. Combine those with symptom #9 and you should consult your doctor!


If you have the sensation of numbness even if you are not in a position that could cut your circulation, it is possible that you have a mold-related illness. When mold is absorbed through the lungs, it can lead to neurological issues, including a condition called peripheral neuropathy, where the nerves are damaged.

According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), mold exposure can cause peripheral neuropathy, which gives us that mysterious tingling and numbness feeling. The nervous system is responsible for communicating critical messages between our sensory organs, nerves, brain, and spinal cord.

When the system is disrupted by traumatic injury, vascular diseases, mental health conditions, or, in this case, mold exposure, it communicates that it is in trouble, which is why we feel neurological effects.


Fatigue and weakness aren’t enough to be symptoms of mold exposure. It’s also important to note that there is a difference between fatigue and tiredness. Tiredness is often a response to poor sleep habits or simply taking on too many things at once.
Fatigue lasts longer, leaving you feeling like you need constant rest. Damp environments are the favored spot for mold to grow. The largest study of its kind found that over 50% of US homes reported damp and mold.
You can always check these symptoms off against other factors that might unmask the culprit. Have you had water damage in your home or office? Perhaps the air vents have discoloration.


Your sleep is disturbed and your airways are often cluttered when you wake up? There is a good chance that your room may be infected with mold.
A study of randomly selected 4,979 adults all over the USA reported that presence of moldy or musty odor was associated with significantly higher rate of sleep complaints vs adults not exposed to musty odor (OR 1.37, 95% CI 1.07-1.75) (Shiue 2015).
A humid chamber is conducive to the proliferation of mites and molds. With the airways congested because of moisture, sleep is greatly disturbed. It is therefore imperative for your health and that of your family to find the source of this moisture and to fix it.

If you have a compromised immune system, mold can attack your lungs, skin, organs, eyes and cause devastating effects such as lung cancer or renal failure.

Other Warning Signs—Symptoms of Mold Poisoning:

4. Neurocognitive problems

3. Brain Fog/Confusion/Memory loss

2. Inflammatory problems

1. GI problems/food sensitivities

What Can I Do? If you suspect mold might be a problem there are several things you can do:

1. Test your environment: The most reliable and widely used test is the ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index), which was developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). If there is mold present, this test will reveal what type and whether it is toxic.

2. Find a professional mold remediation expert: If the test comes back positive, you can then work with a professional mold remediation company that can help you determine the source of the mold and make all necessary repairs to leaks, or remove contaminated materials, clear air exchanges etc. Once all the work is finished, make sure you test the area again to ensure all of the spores are absent before rebuilding or moving back in.

3. Find a doctor that specializes in mold issues: Specifically, look for a doctor who is trained in the “Shoemaker Protocol” or is familiar with mold illness so you can begin the detoxification process.

4. Eat and live healthy: Once you have ridden your body of the toxins, you will need to continue to support your health by avoiding foods that feed or contain yeast, mold and fungus such as carbohydrates and sugars—essentially you will need to follow a Candida Diet. There are also supplements such as glutathione, activated charcoal, olive leaf, and many others that can help you rebuild and restore your body.

5. Stay informed: While the world may just be starting to understand the effects that mold can have on our health, there are still many Mildly Decent resources you can take advantage of to better inform yourself and your family.